Friday 25 November 2011

chocolate protein truffles & green smoothie recipe

Not that I'm back to my crazy workouts (it was just a matter of time... I'm an addict), I have to make sure I get enough protein. If I weren't raw, it wouldn't be something I'd have to think about.

Most people actually get 5 times more protein than they need everyday (USDA, 2005).

But the fact that I am raw PLUS my workouts are really intense, my protein intake is something I need to watch. Mostly because I love muscle, and always want more =)

One way I do this is by adding protein powder to my already protein-packed green smoothies, with hempseed and flax. I DO prefer getting protein from unrefined sources; even though my protein powder is high quality, it's still processed.

When I'm done with this container of powder, I'm not buying anymore. From now on I'll just be getting protein from nuts, seeds and greens (which I partly do already).

Yay! In nature, there aren't protein powder trees. Wouldn't that be nice though?


After my workout today - which involved plyo-metrics, kickboxing, yoga and weight training - I made a DELICIOUS green smoothie and gulped it down. Then I stretched and watched the end of a Doris Day movie.

I could feel my muscles calling for some more building materials, so I decided to make a chocolate-y treat with mostly oats, nuts and rice protein powder. They're turned out like truffles because I rolled them into balls and coated them with cocoa =)


Protein Truffle Bombs: makes about 50 small balls
1 cup oats
1 cup mix of brazil nuts, cashews, peanuts or whatever nuts you like
1/4 cup cocoa/cacoa
2-3 scoops of fave protein powder
3 Tb agave
1/2 cup soaked dates
1/4 cup water (or more/less as needed)
1 t vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/8-1/4 cup coconut oil
Cocoa/cacoa for rolling

Process all dry ingredients until they're like a super hefty flour. Add all other ingredients and process/mix by hand until they're like cookie dough. Roll into balls and roll in the cocoa until coated. 
Chill for an hour or so. Or just eat them right away. I probably devoured half the batter while I was making them... 

Berry Green Smoothie: makes around 3 1/2 cups
3 loose cups of spinach
4-5 leaves of kale
Grapefruit, peeled
Lime, peeled
Banana, frozen
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
Stevia if desired
2 T peeled ginger 
Handful cilantro 

Blend all ingredients until smooth! Sip and enjoy good health! Dang IT'S SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this also best choice to make beef bourguignon if you are have party