Thursday 4 April 2013

coconut mango tarts with figs, walnuts, cinnamon + ginger


I bought a few mangoes yesterday and wanted to use them a in recipe, since lately I've been using mainly frozen fruit - variety is the spice of life! I love mango and coconut together, and also walnuts and figs. So I combined the two delicious pairs and added cinnamon and ginger... because why not? These are a simple treat to make if you ever have a couple fresh mangoes (or other colourful fruits) you want to use in a creative way. 


I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. You really can tell when you're eating pure, raw, whole foods because they give you energy and make you feel light and joyful. That's my experience, anyway. I certainly felt that way after one of these, and I look forward to sharing them with my family so can feel the same way. 

Spread love, in it's whole form. 


coconut mango tarts with figs, walnuts, cinnamon + ginger: makes about five

Tart crust:
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup dried figs
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 cup coconut flakes 

Filling:
1 or 2 mangoes, peeled sliced in strips 
Cinnamon and ginger powder
Coconut flakes

To make the crusts: pulse coconut and walnuts together in your food processor until they become crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it stick together. Press into tart tins lined with coconut oil and put in the fridge to set for about an hour. Take them out of the molds and fill with mango slices, dusting the tops with cinnamon and ginger and sprinkling with coconut. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

this also best choice to make beef bourguignon if you are have party